We reserve the right at any time to:
Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by means including, without limitation, posting on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Agreement. Upon our request, you agree to sign a non-electronic version of this Agreement.
- Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- Change the Site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the Site; or
- Change any fees or charges for use of the Site.
1. Materials. The information and materials provided through the Site, including any data, text, graphics, images, audio and video clips, logos, icons and links (collectively, the “Materials”), are intended to educate and inform you about the events, venues and other products and services offered or described on the Site. You may not download any Materials displayed on the Site, or use the downloaded Materials for any purpose other than viewing the Site. The Materials remain the property of Live Nation or its licensors or suppliers.
2. Registration. Some areas of the Site may require you to be or become a registered member of the Site. When and if you register to become a member, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (including your email address) and (b) maintain and update your information (including your email address) to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of the Site.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. We may refuse to grant you a username that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password and agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by visiting http://livenation.com and immediately notify us of the problem by emailing us privacy @ livenation.com. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
3. Code of Conduct. While using the Site you agree not to:
While using the Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Site, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Site;
- Use the Site or Materials for any unlawful purpose;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- Transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; (b) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so; (c) any trade secret of any third party; or (d) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us),
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site without our prior written authorization;
- Link to any page of or content on the Site other than the URL located at http://www.livenation.com/;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents;
- Harvest or collect information about Site visitors or members without their express consent;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Access, reload or "refresh" transactional event or ticketing pages, or make any other request to transactional servers, more than once during any three second interval;
- Request more than 1,000 pages of the Site in any twenty-four hour period, whether alone or acting in concert with a group of individuals; or
- Use any passcode or password, regardless of whether or not such password or passcode is unique, to participate in a presale or other offer on the Site if you are not the original recipient of such passcode or password (i.e., if you did not receive the passcode or password from Live Nation, or from the fan club or other organization with whom Live Nation is working to enable such presale or offer) or if your participation in such presale or other offer is inconsistent with such presale's or offer's terms.
Descriptions or images of, or references to, products or services on the Site do not imply Live Nation’s endorsement of such products or services. We reserve the right, without prior notification, to change such descriptions or references, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to you. Verification of information applicable to a purchase may be required prior to Live Nation’s acceptance of any order. Price and availability of any product or service are subject to change without notice. Current rates [for any product or service available through the Site] may be obtained by [calling our Member Services Department at (310) 867-7000. [NOTE: California law (Civil Code Section 1789.3) requires annual disclosures of charges imposed by service providers for the use of any services. ]
5. Information Provided by Live Nation. Although Live Nation strives to provide Materials that are both useful and accurate, the nature of the data and other information contained on the Site is subject to frequent change. In addition, the facts and circumstances of every situation differ. Accordingly, although Live Nation endeavors to use reasonable care in assembling the Materials, the Materials may not be up-to-date, accurate or complete.
In addition, portions of the Materials have been contributed to the Site by various artists, athletes and other persons. The inclusion of such information does not indicate any approval or endorsement thereof, and Live Nation expressly disclaims any liability with respect to the foregoing.
6. Submissions and Postings. Please note that, because we and our designees host message boards and other forums found on the Site (collectively, the “Forums”) and, therefore, redistribute materials you give to us, we require certain rights in those materials Accordingly, by sending or transmitting to us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, information or other materials (collectively, “Submissions”), or by posting such Submissions to any area of the Site, you grant us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import such Submissions in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions. None of the Submissions will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution or otherwise, on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions.
7. Forums. Our Forums are designed for users and members of the site to share information regarding the products and services offered on the Site. Information on our Forums may be provided by our staff and other contributors, some of whom use anonymous screen names and are people not otherwise connected with Live Nation. You acknowledge that a large volume of information is available in our Forums and that people participating in such Forums occasionally post messages or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. We neither endorse nor are responsible for such messages or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or other utterance made or displayed on the Site or Forums by third parties, whether such third parties are visitors to the Site, members of the Live Nation community or others. The opinions expressed in the Forums reflect solely the opinion(s) of the participants and may not reflect the opinion(s) of Live Nation. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in articles or postings, for hyperlinks embedded in messages or for any results obtained from the use of such information. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates, suppliers or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through the Site.
We have no obligation to monitor the Site or the Forums, or any Submissions or other materials that you or other third parties transmit or post on the Site or the Forums. You acknowledge and agree that we have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Site and the Forums and the materials you transmit or post; to alter or remove any such materials (including, without limitation, any posting to a Forum); to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Site properly; to protect ourselves, our sponsors and our members and visitors; and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
9. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Live Nation infringe your copyright (for example, materials posted by Live Nation on one of our Forums), you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Live Nation to locate the material on the Site; (d) the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by Live Nation against you, the DMCA permits you to send Live Nation a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to Digital Distribution Department, Live Nation, Inc, 9348 Civic Center Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, (310) 867-7000, privacy @ livenation.com. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
10. Ownership and Restrictions on Use. The Site is owned and operated by Live Nation in conjunction with others pursuant to contractual arrangements, and the Materials (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) are and will remain the property of Live Nation and its licensors and suppliers. The Materials and the selection, compilation, collection, arrangement and assembly thereof are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute Materials or other content or information available on or through the Site in any way without our prior written permission. The Materials may be used solely to the extent necessary for your authorized use of the Site, as provided in this Agreement or as expressly authorized in writing by Live Nation or, if so indicated in writing by Live Nation, its licensors or suppliers. Modification of the Materials or use of the Materials for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights, and is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site or the Materials.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Site (collectively the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Live Nation, Live Nation’s licensors and suppliers, and others. The Trademarks owned by Live Nation, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Live Nation’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with customers, or in any manner that disparages Live Nation. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the express written permission of Live Nation, Live Nation’s licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of any such Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks is prohibited, and Live Nation will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in such Trademarks, including via civil and criminal proceedings.
11. Access By Minors. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the web site America Links Up (http://www.netparents.org/parentstips/browsers.html).
12. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is solely directed to individuals residing in the United States. We make no representation that Materials available on or through the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any service, program, film or other product described thereon to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such service, program, film or other product that we provide.
14. Termination. This Agreement shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately upon notice to the other party. In addition, we reserve the right to immediately terminate this Agreement, and/or your access to and use of the Site or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all Materials obtained from the Site and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
15. Disclaimers. THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE, THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, MEMBERS OR VISITORS, WHETHER MADE ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
16. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER COMPANY NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR MATERIALS OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS, OR LINKED SITE, AS APPLICABLE. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO COMPANY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE SITE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
17. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Live Nation, our affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers and sponsors, and our and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this Agreement, including any violation of the Code of Conduct, above; (b) any allegation that any Submissions or other materials you submit to us or transmit to the Site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with the Site.
18. Investment Information. The information contained on the Site may not be current and should not be used or relied on for any decision to invest in, purchase, retain, sell or otherwise transfer the stock of Live Nation or for any related purpose. Live Nation is a publicly held Delaware corporation and files quarterly and annual reports with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C. (“SEC”). Copies of the most recent reports and other filings of Live Nation can be accessed through the SEC EDGAR system located at www.sec.gov or may be obtained at no charge from Live Nation.
19. Forward-Looking Statements. Statements in any news release of Live Nation, contained on the Site or communicated orally or in writing that concern us or our management and that are not historical facts are “Forward-Looking Statements.” Forward-Looking Statements include, without limitation, statements that (a) include the words “believes,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “estimates” or words of similar importance or meaning with reference to us or our management; (b) are specifically identified as forward-looking; (c) describe any of our plans, objectives or goals for future operations and products; or (d) concern the characteristics and growth of our markets or customers or our expected liquidity and capital resources. Forward-Looking Statements are only predictions involving important factors and risks that may cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in any Forward-Looking Statement. Those important factors and risks include, without limitation, economic, competitive, governmental and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Important factors and risks are described in the current Live Nation annual report filed with the SEC, and may be detailed from time to time in additional reports and other filings of Live Nation filed with the SEC. Copies of the most recent reports and other filings of Live Nation can be accessed through the SEC EDGAR system located at www.sec.gov or may be obtained at no charge from Live Nation. Live Nation expressly disclaims any obligation or responsibility to update or revise or supplement any Forward-Looking Statement in any news release or generally to any extent.
20. Questions. The Site is provided by Live Nation, Inc. If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Agreement or the Site, feel free to contact us at 9348 Civic Center Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, (310) 867-7000 or privacy @ livenation.com.
21. Notice for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Site users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
22. Miscellaneous. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in the County of Los Angeles, California, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire Agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral Agreements between us with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicenseable by you except with Live Nation’s prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained in this Agreement is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.
Effective Date: May 15, 2006
This website is owned and operated by Live Nation, Inc. (“Live Nation”, “we”, “us”). Your privacy is important to Live Nation. This Privacy Statement outlines the types of personally identifiable information (such as email address, home address, or telephone number) and other information (such as cookies and log files that, when linked to your name or contact information, allows us to personalize your visit) that we gather while you are visiting the LiveNation.com site (the “Site”), as well as ways in which we process and disseminate such information. This privacy statement does not pertain to information collected on any other site owned by Live Nation, its subsidiaries or other businesses. You are, of course, free to use much of the Site without providing any personally identifiable information to us.
What Information We Collect.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
IP Protocol Addresses and Web Logs
This Site’s web servers automatically collect the Internet Protocol addresses and log files, but not the email addresses, of visitors. This information is generally non-personally identifiable.
This Site may use a standard technology called a “cookie”, or web beacons or other similar technology to collect information about how you use the Site. Cookies reside on your computer and help the Site recognize your computer’s browser as a previous visitor. In addition, on occasion our site may also set a “session cookie” which helps us administer the Site. The session cookie expires when you close your browser and does not retain any information about you after it expires.
We currently contract with several online partners to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. We use the services of a marketing company to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site. To do this, we use Web beacons and cookies provided by our marketing company on this site. The type of information we collect includes Internet Protocol addresses and log files.
Personally Identifiable Information.
Although you may use many features of this Site without completing a registration or sign-up form, visitors who do register and/or sign up for special services may have access to additional features of the Site and are more likely to receive information suited to their interests. For example, when registration is offered, a registered user is eligible for additional services provided by this Site such as concert updates, chat room forums and/or personalized content. Our registration and special services sign-up forms may ask you for personally identifiable information (like your name or email address) and demographic information (like zip code, age or genre preferences). You must provide the requested information in order to receive the benefits of registration or of the special service.
Additionally, Live Nation affiliates or third parties (such as our Site advertisers and e-commerce partners) may provide Live Nation with personally identifiable information about you, which was not collected on the Site, and we may add such data to your membership information.
How We Use Information We Collect.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
We may use non-personally identifiable information to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and pages viewed as well as to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Site. We may then use this information to analyze and improve the features and functionality of this Site. We may use information about you and other Site visitors on an aggregate basis to sell and deliver advertising, promotions and content that we believe will be of interest to you. In addition, we may share information with advertisers or other third parties that are not part of the Live Nation family on an aggregate or other basis that does not disclose your identity or contact information. Please note that we also may match non-personally identifiable information, such as your IP address, to your personally identifiable information in order to augment our ability to administer the site and create a more enjoyable experience for you. We will not include any such personally identifiable information in the statistical data we provide to advertising partners, unless you have consented to such disclosure or unless otherwise permitted under this Privacy Statement.
If you use a standard web browser, you should be able to modify your browser preference to provide you with choices relating to cookies; for example, you should have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you may be unable to use certain Site services (e.g., those services that require you to log on to the Site in order to participate). For more information on modifying your browser preference, please refer to the documentation accompanying your browser.
Third Party Advertising
The ads appearing on this Web site are delivered to you by DoubleClick, our Web advertising partner. Information about your visits to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you.
Third Party Cookies
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. For more information about DoubleClick, cookies, and how to "opt-out", please click here.
By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. Although our reporting company logs the information coming from our site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used. If you do not want to help us learn how to improve our site, products, offers and marketing strategy, you can “opt-out” of our ability to analyze such data by visiting our Feedback page to send us an email with your request.
The Site may contain links to other Internet websites, which may or may not be owned or operated by Live Nation. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites that are not owned and operated by Live Nation, including such sites' use of any information (such as IP number, browser type or operating system) collected when visitors to the Site click through links to those sites. Even though such information might not identify you personally, we strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of those sites.
Personally Identifiable Information
a. Site: We may use personally identifiable information you give us to better tailor your website experience to your interests, and to send you information about Live Nation and its services as well as promotional material on behalf of some of our partners. We use other personally identifiable information that you provide to us to show you content in which you may be interested and to display the content according to your preferences. We will also share this information within the Live Nation business family in order to enhance your experience on this and other Live Nation websites.
b. Venues: We may share your email address with Live Nation owned, operated or managed venues where Live Nation produced events occur; with promoters or sponsors of Live Nation events, and with other Live Nation companies. The Live Nation venue, promoter, sponsor, Live Nation company or third party may send you announcements and notifications of events, products or services that might be of interest to you. These announcements may include gift certificates, sweepstakes, contests, promotions, giveaways and merchandise offerings.
From time to time we enter into special relationships with other companies to provide additional features at this Site. These special relationships may include “powered by” partners, business partners, sponsors, and co-branded sites (referred to here as “co-branded pages”). These might include, for example, pages that share our name and that of another entity, such as Ticketmaster. You should look for a specific privacy statement on any such co-branded page. Any personal information that you provide when signing up at any co-branded page may be shared with our third party partner. With respect to specific registration modules, like sweepstakes and contests, we may disclose personally identifiable information collected with any third party sponsor of such promotion, and we will post a conspicuous statement on the registration module to the effect that we will be disclosing the information collected with third parties. You should check our posted partner’s and sponsors’ website for information regarding their privacy policies.
c. Banner Ads. Live Nation sometimes uses individual data collected via the Site to "target" advertising - to decide which advertisements and sponsor messages to show to which members. As an example, if a certain advertiser wishes to display its advertising only to Site members that are 16 years old, Live Nation uses member registration data to ensure that such advertiser's ads are displayed only to such members. We license ad-server software from another company to place banner advertising on this Site. All of the data provided and generated by the ad-server software remains in our possession and no data is transferred to the licensor of the software. This feature of our Site may, on occasion, set “cookies” on your computer. Any information collected or stored by the ad-service or the cookies is treated in the same manner as other information as described in this statement.
f. Shopping/Commercial Services: This Site may offer merchandise and/or ticket purchase services, which may be offered by us or by a firm that operates a store under contract with us. If our site offers shopping or other commercial services, you will use a customer order form to request information, products, and services. The order form will ask you to give us personally identifiable information (like name, address and/or email address, mobile phone number), financial information (like account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (like zip code or age). We will use your mailing address to fulfill orders of merchandise and tickets as well as to send you announcements and notifications that may be of interest to you. We will use the financial information that you provide to bill you for products and services. By giving our site your credit card and related personal information, you are authorizing us to give that information to the merchant and credit card company in order to confirm and fulfill your order. We may use your email address or mobile telephone number’s messaging capability to send you special announcements or notifications of events or services that may be of interest to you and to verify and authorize the use of your credit card for services for which you have registered or requested.
g. Live Nation Employees, Contractors and Agents: Live Nation may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as processing of payments, operating features of the Site, or hosting or maintaining our servers. These other companies may have access to your personal information as necessary to carry out their functions, but, absent your consent, they are not permitted to share that information with any third party (other than as necessary to perform their duties).
h. Online Surveys/Sweepstakes and Contests: From time to time, we conduct online surveys and offer online sweepstakes or contests on the Site. These will ask you for your personally identifiable information (like name or email address) and demographic information (like zip code or age), as well as any other contact information necessary (like a physical address) for us to provide notifications or deliver requested materials related to the survey, sweepstakes or contest. We may use this information from our surveys, sweepstakes and contests to provide you with information about our company and promotional material on behalf of some of our partners, and to contact you when necessary. Please note that we may post relevant privacy information in the official rules and/or registration area for the sweepstakes or contest. That privacy information, to the extent it conflicts with this Privacy Statement, will govern that particular sweepstakes or contest.
i. "Email This to a Friend": The Site may allow you to forward certain items posted on Site or links to other Site features by email or Instant Messenger to other parties who you believe may be interested. While, due to technical restrictions, the recipient's email address or Instant Messenger screen names may be retained in our log files, we do not knowingly share it with third parties (unless the recipient has already consented to such use of his/her personally identifiable information).
j. Public Forums and Other Interactive Features: Because Live Nation reserves the right to use content created or provided by you in connection with our chat room, forum, message board or news groups, to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in such content, Live Nation may republish such personally identifiable information, as part of the content, in connection with the Site and promotion thereof. If we republish your content, we may provide authorship credit by listing your member name as well. Please be aware that when you disclose personally identifiable information in a chat room, forum, message board or news groups on the Site, the information may become public and accessible to all or a part of the Site community, so it is important for you to exercise discretion and appropriate caution when deciding to reveal personal information in these areas. For example, your e-mail address may be available to other Site members, who may send unsolicited e-mail to you. In the event that you encounter any Site user who you believe is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please visit our Feedback page to send us an email with your request.
l. Opt-In/Opt-Out Policy: When you become a Site member or otherwise supply Live Nation with personally identifiable information in connection with the Site, or from time-to-time in Live Nation's discretion, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving information from us about special offers in connection with the Site, Live Nation and/or our advertisers and partners. You will also be provided with the opportunity to opt-in to receiving offers directly from our third-party advertisers or partners. If you do choose to opt-in, you will receive such communications in accordance with your "opt-in" consent. You may, of course, choose not to receive offers or other marketing communications from us or our third-party advertisers or partners as follows:
If you decide to contact us to change your contact preference to "Do Not Contact Me", Live Nation will implement this change to your Site profile within ten (10) business days of your request. Please be aware that your requested change will not be effective until Live Nation implements such change and that such requests will be implemented only in connection with your Site profile, and will not impact any preferences you may have made to any other site controlled, owned or operated by Live Nation or its affiliates. In addition, please keep in mind that even if you opt-out from receiving communications from the Site, residual information about you will remain within Live Nation databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain such personally identifiable information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes; however, Live Nation reserves the right, from time to time, to recontact former customers or users of the Site for administrative purposes or in order to comply with applicable law.
- Upon becoming a Site member, you can choose to receive no marketing communications from us. Please be aware, however, that, even under this option, you may still receive an initial member welcome message, as well as communications as appropriate to inform you of changes to the Site, this Privacy Statement or other administrative matters.
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in our newsletters or commercial email messages (but excluding e-commerce confirmations and other administrative emails) to unsubscribe from that particular mailing list or email service.
- At any time, you can contact us through concertupdates @ livenation.com to have your contact preference changed to "Do Not Contact Me".
- At any time, you can contact us through concertupdates @ livenation.com to opt out of having your personally identifiable information shared with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes.
If you opt-in to the disclosure of your personally identifiable information to third parties, and you subsequently decide that you would like to discontinue receiving offers and other promotional materials from such third parties, you may need to contact those third parties directly in order to opt-out of further communications.
Please note that Live Nation reserves the right to change its opt-in/opt-out practices by modifying or updating this Privacy Statement as set forth above.
The nature of some features of our Site may require that we share personally identifiable information about you with persons or companies outside of the Live Nation family. For example, this may occur at a feature that enables you, via our Site, to ask questions of persons or entities that are not part of the Live Nation family. By responding to those features of the site, whether by email or direct entry of information on the Site, you are consenting to our transferring that information to such persons or entities.
Policy Regarding Health-Related Personal Information
The Site may request certain health-related information in certain areas of its Site (e.g., regarding physically disabled seating requests). Such information (to the extent it includes personally identifiable information) will be treated like all other non-health-related personally identifiable information under this Privacy Statement, and is subject to the opt in/opt out provisions described above.
Children’s Personal Information
Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act:
This Site does NOT collect, use, or disclose personal information (including online contact information) of children under the age of 13. In the event that a child under the age of 13 attempts to register or make a purchase on our Site, we will NOT accept the registration and will delete information received from the child. In the event that a child posts personal information in a public forum such as a chat room, we will attempt to delete that information once we become aware of it.
Accessing, Updating or Deleting Information Collected About You
This Site also gives you the opportunity to modify or remove personally identifiable information that you have provided to us by way of this Site. You may do so by modifying your password-protected registered user information on the site. To the extent that such information is stored in our databases, we will respond to your changes immediately, although please understand that although this information, once deleted, is not available on the Site, that information may remain stored indefinitely in our backup and archival records. However, to the extent that such information is not stored in our databases, we cannot always ensure that these corrections or deletions will immediately reach such other databases.
Modify your registered user information on our Site; or
Send an email to privacy @ livenation.com.
Security of Your Personal Information.
Live Nation employs reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice, for information collected through this Site. We believe that we have adequate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information we collect on the Site. We also use internal protections to limit access to users’ personal information to only those employees who need the information to perform a specific job. We cannot, however, guarantee that information supplied by users will not be accessed on our servers, or intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. If you have reason to believe that there has been any breach of the security of the Site, please contact us at privacy @ livenation.com.
Please remember that security of the username and password you create when you register with the Site, is your responsibility; we recommend that you do not share them with anyone. If you share your username and password, you are providing access to your personal information. You will be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Live Nation of any unauthorized use of your username or password.
Sale or Merger.
If this site is sold to, or merges with, another company not owned by Live Nation, you should expect that some or all of the information collected from the Site may be transferred to the buyer/surviving company. If so, Live Nation will seek to obligate the acquiring company to use any personal information transferred by this site in a manner consistent with this statement, but cannot guarantee that it will be able to impose that requirement or that the acquiring company will comply.
We note that the Site was previously owned by Clear Channel. We are not responsible for compliance with privacy or other obligations that you believe Clear Channel or any other former owners may have to you.
Offline vs. Online practices
Please note that this Privacy Statement applies solely to our online information gathering and dissemination practices in connection with the Site, and does not apply to any of our practices conducted offline, with the following exception: In the event Live Nation merges information collected about you through offline means with data about you that is collected online and is stored in our databases, the use of the merged data will be subject to this Privacy Statement.
Contacting Live Nation Regarding this Site.
If you have any questions concerning this privacy statement, you may send them by email to privacy @ livenation.com. You must send any official correspondence via postal mail to:
Live Nation, Inc.
9348 Civic Center Drive, Fourth Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Attention: General Counsel
Neither Live Nation nor any third-party licensor shall have any liability for the accuracy or completeness of this service or any component thereof or for delays, inauthenticity, omissions, or other defects therein nor for any claims or losses arising therefrom or occasioned thereby, including, without limitation, any lost profits, indirect, special, or consequential damages. Either Live Nation or third party licensors have exclusive proprietary rights from the information received via the service. Customer, end-user, or visitor, as applicable, shall not use or permit anyone to use the information provided through the service for any unlawful or unauthorized purpose. Customer, end-user, or visitor, as applicable, is not authorized or permitted to furnish such information to any person or firm for reuse or retransmission without prior written approval of the source of such information. Provision of the information on the service is subject to termination in the event that any agreement between a third party licensor and a provider of information distributed through the service is terminated in accordance with its terms. Third party licensor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, information providers and content partners shall have no liability for investment decisions based on the information provided hereby.
Legal Construction of this Privacy Statement.
European Union and Other Foreign Nations
This Site is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of United States of America (USA). Live Nation makes no representation that this Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations. By using this site and submitting any personal information, visitors from outside of the USA acknowledge this Site is subject to USA law, consent to the transfer of personal data to the USA, and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.